- Callsign: HA5KFU
- QTH: Schönherz Student Hostel, Budapest, Hungary (JN97ML)
HA5KFU is an amateur radio club founded in 1954 by electric engineering students. Our radio station is located on the nineteenth floor of Schönherz Student Hostel in Budapest, Hungary. We are part of Simonyi Károly College for Advanced Studies.
Most of our club members are students of Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, both electric and computer engineering students. Apart from amateur radio service, we are also working on telecommunication-related hobby projects, which involve designing analog circuits (amplifiers and filters), building antennas, programming microcontrollers, and creating amateur transceivers using SDR and FPGA technologies.
We are constantly developing our radio station, and we are holding an amateur radio course each semester for the students interested.
A few examples of our current hobby projects: building a cross-Yagi antenna and programming an antenna rotator for satellite reception, shortwawe FPGA receiver, experimental mobile repeater station.
Our equipment for HF bands
On HF bands we sometimes use a RF power amplifier in addition.
- Dániel Agócs – Treasurer, Trustee of equipment
- Márton Bazsó, HA7BM – Director of education
- Bence Csókás – Trustee of club room
- Ádám Kiss, HA8KDA – Member
- Gergely Koloszár – Member
- Judit Marton – Member
- László Mérő, HA1CNT – Former club leader
- Barnabás Suciu, HA5BRN – Member
- Áron Szabó, HA1FLX – Former club leader
- Richárd Szabó – Member
- Gábor Szilágyi, HA3GBR – Club leader
- Pál Weisz – Member
You can contact the club via e-mail: ha5kfu (at) simonyi.bme.hu
Radio club leader: Gábor Szilágyi (HA3GBR) – szilagyi.gabor (at) simonyi.bme.hu
Treasurer: Dániel Agócs – agocs.daniel (at) simonyi.bme.hu
Follow our instagram channel @ha5kfu for our ham-related stuff!